Sunday, August 31, 2008

Trip to Boston and a Red Sox Game

Rich, a good friend from OCS and school in Virginia, and I went to Boston earlier today to catch a Red Sox game at Fenway. We parked his car at the Coast Guard base which, according to the security guard who gave us a hard time about parking there, was the best parking lot in Boston...can't say I really disagree.


The game was great, except that the Red Sox lost to Chicago 4-2. We purchased the tickets from a scalper for $80 (apiece), but the seats were great behind first base. Fenway Park is not very big, but there is a lot of tradition there, and the fans were incredible. I think you could easily get beat up for bad-mouthing the Red Sox anywhere near Fenway Park.


Following the game we walked back through Boston, which included lots of fantastic people watching. The architecture and layout of the buildings and streets is really breathtaking...but you could cut the liberalism with a knife it was so thick.

There was a guy on the street corner singing a jingle about voting for Obama (aka the "Messiah") if you wanted change. Rich was hysterical when I began yelling back at him in song that all he was going to have left was change if/when Obama had the chance to be in charge.

1 comment:

Podium quest said...

We should build a team & do this when you get back from over seas. Look at her Sept 15th blog
http://trainingmo.blogspot.com/