Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No more sunlight...got to get some sleep!


After a few series of nights with little/no rest, I decided I needed to change something to help my body adjust to sleeping during daylight hours better. Although I didn't originally think the sunlight creeping through the blinds was causing me to wake early, I decided I might be wrong and would attempt to block the sun out of the equation. One roll of aluminum foil later, and I have one dark bedroom that I will hopefully be able to sleep in during the coming days. I only averaged 2.5 hours of sleep per night during my last set of nights...in case you didn't already guess, that doesn't work for long!

I received my new GRE study guide in the mail from Amazon today, and I am going to begin to prep and hopefully take the exam late next month prior to coming home on leave. I have also been doing some work toward completing my certified fitness trainer course through the International Sports Science Association (ISSA).

Although I don't have a car, there is a parking spot in the building dedicated to my flat. I routinely use this spot to clean my bikes, and on the rare occasion that one of my buddies from work comes over for dinner, they have some place to park. There have been several occasions in the past when I come back to my building to find someone parked in my spot, and although I may not have a car to park in that spot, I can't use it if it's not empty.

The car that was parked in my spot today was a bright yellow Lamborghini. It was a beautiful car, and after spending several minutes admiring it with my doorman and taking a few pictures, I told the doorman to call and get the car moved. He laughed for a minute because he thought I was joking...he quit laughing when he realized I was serious. I am sure it made the owner of that car mad to move in order for me to wash my bike, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

1 comment:

Podium quest said...

you should haveoffered to move it. That is a once in a life time oportunity gone my friend. Think outside of the box:)