Friday, February 20, 2009

Getting out of the flat for a few hours...


Rich came and picked me up so I could get out of my flat for a few hours. Although I have been busy studying and sleeping, it has been pretty boring thus far. I can only imagine how bored I will be prior to this whole ordeal finally being over (some 4-5 months from now). I am studying to get both my personal trainer's certification and GRE knocked out. I have plenty to do, but I tend to build up a lot of nervous energy when I can't move around like I am accustomed to and exercise when I desire. So, it was sure nice to get out of the house for a few hours. **Notice the new HALLIBURTON t-shirt I won on ebay!**


There was a huge traffic jam just down the street from my building, and come to find out it was because an armored truck had broken down right in the middle of one of the busiest streets in Juffair...or was this just a new approach to stealing an armored truck?


I am sure the KFC delivery guy didn't appreciate me taking his picture as we passed, but so what! Almost every eating establishment, including fast food joints such as McDonald's and KFC, has delivery guys that zip in and out of traffic all day and all night on motorcycles like the one above. In case you were wondering Dairy Queen has one as well, although I have been hesitant to order a Blizzard for delivery because it might not arrive in a timely fashion and already have melted...I may try it at least once before I leave though!

We drove down to the south end of the island and back, passing the University of Bahrain as we went. Maybe I'll have my GRE scores reported here as well as Texas Tech after I take the exam...do you think they'll accept the GI Bill? I wonder if I'll have to grow a mustache and gain forty pounds prior to commencement?

No comments: