Levi Leipheimer won his third consecutive Amgen Tour of California this past Saturday, February 21. "I've been trying to articulate the feelings I've got on taking this race three times," Leipheimer said. "To win it once was huge, to win it twice I was a little bit lucky, but this is the sweetest victory of the three. I told Lance the other day that I don't know how he won seven Tours in a row. You can't get second place because that's losing." Although born in Butte, Montana, he is a long-time resident of Santa Rosa, CA, which makes winning the TOC that much more special for him.Levi is wouthout a doubt one of the greatest American cyclists that has ever ridden. He has achieved a
tremendous amount of success on the bike both in Europe and domestically while being a member of several different teams: Astana (currently), Discovery Channel, Gerolsteiner, team Rabobank, U.S. Postal Service (with Lance), and with the domestic team Saturn.He is credited with numerous wins including now being a 3x winner of the Amgen Tour of California, winning the 2006 Dauphiné Libéré, stage wins and overall podium places at the Tour de France and Vuelta de España, and was a bronze medalist in the individual time trial at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. In addition to winning countless races, and perhaps more importantly, Levi Leipheimer is a really good guy...modest, caring, drug-free, and a fierce competitor.
No comments:
Post a Comment