
I was certain that my orders would be in message traffic by Friday (yesterday) after talking to the LIMDU detailer and my community detailer, but I set myself up for yet another disappointment thanks to the very slow administrative chain of command. If (crossing my fingers right now) my orders are released early next week, I should be able to get everything set up to depart on the April 2 rotator...that is if everything works out correctly! I'd like to think it's the most likely scenario, but I know better than that.
On Friday night six individuals from work rented the top floor of an Irish pub (JJ's) to host a combined birthday party. Two guys from our directorate were included, so I went along. Chris Ferrante (pictured below) is a fellow watch officer, and we have become really good friends during our time in Bahrain. We had just been playing a game of pool prior to this picture. I guess it probably looks funny to see a guy on one leg trying to hobble around a pool table. It definitely affected my ability to play...not that I had much ability to play pool anyway!

No comments:
Post a Comment