
After six weeks of anticipation, my orders finally arrived this weekend and I am leaving Bahrain on Friday bound for home. I will fly most of the day Friday and Saturday before finally arriving in Lubbock just after 6:00pm on the 11th. Although most of the administrative processes have been nothing short of a disaster up to this week, once my orders arrived everything fell into place. I am moving all my household goods on Tuesday, checking out of my flat on Wednesday, and heading to the airport Thursday evening (the plane leaves just after midnight).
I can't wait to see Amber and the kids. I hope that Skype has been effective in reinforcing to Nathan who I am. Even if it hasn't, he'll figure it out quickly. I am planning on staying in Lubbock about a week or ten days prior to driving to San Antonio and getting my LIMDU status rolling. If I don't see everyone on this first trip home, you'll have to forgive me because I really want to spend my time getting reacquainted with my little ones (and Amber too when she's not working herself to the bone in Hobbs)!
I can't wait to see Amber and the kids. I hope that Skype has been effective in reinforcing to Nathan who I am. Even if it hasn't, he'll figure it out quickly. I am planning on staying in Lubbock about a week or ten days prior to driving to San Antonio and getting my LIMDU status rolling. If I don't see everyone on this first trip home, you'll have to forgive me because I really want to spend my time getting reacquainted with my little ones (and Amber too when she's not working herself to the bone in Hobbs)!
2 comments:
I was sure glad to see you this last week. Sorry to keep u on your feet so long on Saturday. Thanks for your support at the triathlon!
hhhmm. must of gotten blown up on your way home, no blog posts. whats up with that?
Post a Comment