Thursday, November 13, 2008

Finally Found a Place To Hang My Hat

At long last I found a flat that I will be calling home for the next twelve months. It's in a brand new high-rise building called Juffair Skyview. Juffair is the name of the area in Bahrain where I'll be living. It has a really nice gym and pool, and although it's a small place, it's the perfect size for me. It's right around the corner from a really popular American restaurant called "Ric's," as well as the Al Jazeera Supermarket where I'll likely do all of my shopping.

There is a decent size pool on the first floor...not big enough to do laps, but good for lounging around in the sun (of which there is no shortage).

The gym at the Skyview is really nice and will provide me with a great alternative to working out on base if/when my work schedule is more hectic.

Not all of the houshold furnishings are in the apartment yet, but they will be coming very soon. There are still items such as a TV, sound system, curtains and bedding that will be arriving prior to me moving in. There are two bedrooms, but the spare will have a large computer desk and that's where I'll park my bike maintenance stand.


The kitchen is pretty small, but again, it's only me. The washer/dryer is also in the kitchen and as you can see it's all in one unit...we'll see how well that works!?!


Master Bedroom

Second Bedroom

This is one of two bathrooms...this is the master bath.

No comments: